• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Finance in my name for an ex who has already failed to make payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Finance in my name for an ex who has already failed to make payments

Hi

I need to know what I can do to get the car back. The log book is currently in his name but the agreement is in mine. He didn’t make payment last month I had to pay (which he is unaware of, he thinks the car hasn’t been paid). I have told him the car needs to be sold and finance company paid. I no longer want to have anything to do with the car and him as he has caused a lot of stress and is dealing with immaturely. I need to know what I can do to get the car keys back so that I can arrange to sell it and pay off the finance company. I cannot afford to keep making payments as I am not working. The log book states that it does not make him the owner of the vechile. Do i need to get the car in my name and back to my address. I changed the address to his on the V5 because a couple of car fines kept coming to my address. I really need to know how I can go forward on this I cannot afford to have name blacklisted. Can I apply for a small claims court to get the car in my possession?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X