• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asda

November 2020 a guy ran into my car asked him for his details,and he attacked me punched me 15 times in the Asda carpark police arrested him charged him with actual bodily harm .I was left with blood running down my face ,Asda staff never came to my aid ,or offered any assistance after ,I was told by my insurance company they would claim criminal injury’s but since said the courts do not pay anything for my sort off injury I had a very swollen cheek and a small cut under my eye the hospital put pepper stitches on ,doi have a case against anyone
    Tags: None

If and when he is convicted for actual bodily harm you could bring a civil action against him. You need to speak to a solicitor.

Comment

If he is found guilty the court should award you compensation.
      If compensation is not awarded the court must publish its reasons (Sentencing Act 2020 sec 55)

Comment

As above courts DO award compensation - it takes priority. I assume Police / CPS are in touch with you - ensure the prosecutor knows you want compensation. There are set figures for types of injury.

Comment

I have been told the court do not pay out for the type of injury I sustained, no scar visible now and bruises and swelling have gone

Comment

You have to be under a consultant for stress before they will consider a claim for anxiety or stress, is it worth pursuing this do you think, Asda I was disgusted with them no help at all even had to quewe to collect my stuff at click and collect after and they got my order wrong 70 tub,s chocolate gave me 66 can’t count

Comment

If magistrates don't make an award then as per post 2.

Whether or not it will be financially viable is not something on which I can comment

Comment

You have been misinformed. https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...-compensation/
                Fixing the amount of compensation

It is for the prosecution to establish the value of loss and to produce up-to-date and detailed evidence in support. The offender may also make representations.

The prosecution’s evidence will often be in the form of a victim statement setting out, for instance, the price of the stolen or damages items (with a receipt), or detailing the nature and extent of any personal injuries sustained. The magistrates will follow formal guidelines to ascertain the appropriate amount of compensation to award for personal injuries – subject to a maximum of £5000 per charge.

However, the magistrates must balance the requirement to order compensation against the defendant’s ability to pay. Payments by instalments are common and magistrates’ guidance suggests that the amount ordered should be paid between a period of 13 and 52 weeks.

Last edited by islandgirl; 6th March 2021, 12:05:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X