• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accidentally stealing toothpaste and mouthwash from Boots.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally stealing toothpaste and mouthwash from Boots.

I was in Boots today and I picked up some mouthwash and toothpaste and put them in my basket. I use a mobility scooter to get around I put the items in my basket of my scooter. So trying to see through misted up face shield, navigating around the store, trying to remember to pick the bits up I needed. I went to the pharmacy but, to pick up something from the chemist bit and paid for my items. I then went round to see if I could find a new donut for my hair, they didn't have what I wanted so I left the store. It wasn't until I got to Tesco, to pick my bag up that I realised I hadn't paid for them. I instantly fell sick. I don't know what to do next. When I take my kids to school using my scooter I'm always forgetting their lunch boxes that are put in my basket. I wasn't stopped leaving Boots. I honestly completely forgot the items were in there. My mind was on other bits,like following the covid rules around store.
    Tags: None

As a young teacher I often went at lunch time to a nearby shop, always getting some extra strong mints. One time, for convenience, I put the mints in my pocket to pay for along with things in my hands.
    A minute after leaving the shop I put my hand in my pocket and realised I hadn't paid for them. Dashed back and shopkeeper laughed about it.
    What happened could happen to anybody. I see two courses of action. Either forget about it or go back and explain. Whatever you feel is right.
    You have done nothing wrong.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X