• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overpay settlement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpay settlement

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can advise me regarding the following situation.

22/02/20 - Email to payroll adviser asking to check payslip as I am unsure and want to know that it is correct.
    30/06/2020 - Emailed again asking payroll adviser to check payslip as appears incorrect.
    07/07/2020 - Meeting with manager. Overpay identified. Salary sacrifice agreed to reimburse company for the amount that they overpaid me. Payslip corrected to correct pay band but salary sacrifice not implemented.
    05/10/2020 - Email from payroll detailing the total amount of overpay but not detailing the breakdown of this total.
    10/12/2020 - I handed in notice of terminating contract with this employer
    14/12/2020 - Meeting with manager. Plan made to liase with payroll adviser. No further contact made.
    21/02/2021 - Received an invoice for amount of over pay dated back to 28/01/2021. With plan in place to repay £150/month (WHICH I DID NOT AGREE!!)

Throughout this whole process I have not agreed anything officially with any other member of staff or payroll team.

I am annoyed that I highlighted this issue almost a full year ago and am only getting the invoice today. Payroll highlighted this issue 7th July and noted the overpay, so for almost 7 months, no actions or plans have been implemented.

What I want to know is would I be entitled to any compensation on the total sum of this overpayment due to the fact that I highlighted this a year ago and there has been no actions until now? Even from 7th July work had the opportunity to salary sacrifice a sum from my monthly pay but did not do this. Due to this, I feel that an amount should be deducted from the overall total - eg, 6/7months worth of repayment due to the fact that this is now a larger sum of money on my leaving when I could have already paid off 6 months worth?

I don't know where I stand legally on this situation and don't know whether it is worth highlighting before repaying the money?

Thanks in advance

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X