• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Penalty Charge Notice received outside 14 days - in fact after 13 weeks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty Charge Notice received outside 14 days - in fact after 13 weeks.

Hello forum and I do hope I can find some help here as I am boggle eyed with reading Gov.uk legislation!!

The alleged offence was 15 October 2020
    The alleged offence was *not* parking but failure to comply with a prohibition etc.
    The Penalty Charge Notice from Hackney Council is dated 12 February 2021
    Do I have grounds to make representations for failure to issue notice within 14 days or similar?
    Very many thanks for any help you can provide
    Tags: None

Hire car, lease car, works car?

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
      Hire car, lease car, works car?
      Own car (not on your list). Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Council Penalty charge Notices have to be issued within 28 days.
        However for such notices the best forum to post on is FightBack Forums (pepipoo.com)

Comment

Thank you for the information. I don't suppose you have chapter and verse that I may quote? I don't want to waste their or my time by engaging in long correspondence or appeals. I will also visit the forum you suggest but hope it won't be necessary! Thanks again.

Comment

Some penalty notices (eg Bus lane contraventions)can be issued up to 6 months after the incident depending on when registered keepers details are supplied to council

You are best of trying Pepipoo

Comment

But how would one know when the registered keepers details are supplied to the Council? I am of course going to say outside 28 days, because I do not know what Hackney have been doing. Did they ask DVLA or did they not, within 14 days? Further, in this case, the notice was not sent to the registered keeper as in, to the "particulars relating to the identity of the keeper of the vehicle contained in the register of mechanically propelled vehicles maintained by the Secretary of State under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994" but sent to the registered keeper's driving license address. Surely this does not qualify as information contained in the register of mechanically propelled vehicles etc.and therefore an incorrect service of PCN?

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Driver View Post
                But how would one know when the registered keepers details are supplied to the Council?Ask them?
                I am of course going to say outside 28 days, because I do not know what Hackney have been doing. Did they ask DVLA or did they not, within 14 days?

Further, in this case, the notice was not sent to the registered keeper as in, to the "particulars relating to the identity of the keeper of the vehicle contained in the register of mechanically propelled vehicles maintained by the Secretary of State under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994" but sent to the registered keeper's driving license address.Are you saying the registered keepers address is not the same as the address on the registered keepers driving licence?
                Surely this does not qualify as information contained in the register of mechanically propelled vehicles etc.and therefore an incorrect service of PCN?
                Pepipoo are the guys to ask

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X