• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim for deceased parents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim for deceased parents

Hi first time posting on this so hopefully I've come to the right place to start. Basically I was contacted two months ago by my ex sister in law to advise that my brother who I don't speak to had received letters from RBS in relation to a PPI claim for my deceased father. Apparently these letters have been sent as part of a campaign by all major banks for unclaimed PPI funds. This was apparently mentioned by Martin Lewis and I aware of this. In these letters my brother is named as the representative of my parents estate and they invited him to make a claim. This was incorrect because in my parents will their solicitor is named as the executor and it clearly states that any funds from the estate should be split equally between myself, my brother and sister. I have since contacted the executor of the estate and RBS who promised to put a hold on the claim until this could be looked at. The executor and RBS had agreed to sort this out between themselves and would then get back to me. I heard nothing about this until last weekend when I had further contact from my sister in law who advised that my brother had received 4 cheques from RBS totalling just over £8,000 in his name. To say I was furious would be an understatement and I immediately contacted RBS who responded by saying that this had been an admin error and the cheques would be cancelled immediately. After further investigation they confirmed that my brother had signed a declaration stating that he was the representative of my fathers estate and can act on behalf of the estate. This is certainly not the case and it clearly states in the will that my parents lawyer is the executor and all financial matters in relation to the estate should be referred to him. My brother has failed to do this and has not informed myself or my sister that he received these letters. My brother is divorced from my sister in law and has not lived at the address the letters were sent to for a number of years but it is my belief that he intended to cash these cheques and keep the proceeds to himself thinking we would never find out. This matter is being investigated by the bank and lawyer but i just wanted advice on whether a crime here had been committed or not as my own thoughts which I have kept to myself for obvious reasons is that my brother has committed fraud/theft. Sorry for the long post but has been a stressful time. Thanks Ewan
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X