• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dashcams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashcams

The firm I work for use dashcams in the trucks/ they are activated if there is an accident not continual recordings .The firm has altered the settings to record all the time without telling us is this legal,
    Tags: None

I don't see anything illegal.

Comment

There for your benefit, my brother was involved in an accident, the lady was cursing him for causing the accident, raving I have a dashcam until brother said so have I, result lady was proved to be to one at fault, personally, I would not drive without one and if possible one in the rear window as well.

Comment

I would have thought that having one that activates when it senses an accident is too late and that is why the setting have been modified.

Or were they always set like this and a rumour has been started?

Recording all the time is no problem, the storage is overwritten over time so the running through a red light two days ago will not be on there

Comment

Originally posted by Archie.2 View Post
          There for your benefit, my brother was involved in an accident, the lady was cursing him for causing the accident, raving I have a dashcam until brother said so have I, result lady was proved to be to one at fault, personally, I would not drive without one and if possible one in the rear window as well.
          I fully agree with dashcams they are essential in most cases, the trouble is that normally the Lytx cameras only record when there is a crash i.e. 4 seconds after and 8 seconds before. Now the firm has changed it to record all the time without telling us. Common decency would be to inform the drivers first. Many thanks for your reply.

Comment

How do they know there is to be a crash and record the previous 8 seconds?

looking at the website for Lytx they state "up to 100 hours recording" and it would seem that what you described, the 8 seconds etc, is not one of their modes of operation. So it may well gave been a rumour.
            Last edited by ostell; 8th February 2021, 17:37:PM.

Comment

Recording is not the issue however if it records you then data processing is.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                How do they know there is to be a crash and record the previous 8 seconds?
                That is the way it works obviously the camera is recording all the time so after the crash it records the complete accident and then the 12 seconds 4 and 8 are taken and kept anything else is dismissed. Nothing else was to be kept.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                  I would have thought that having one that activates when it senses an accident is too late and that is why the setting have been modified.

Or were they always set like this and a rumour has been started?

Recording all the time is no problem, the storage is overwritten over time so the running through a red light two days ago will not be on there
                  Its 100 days overwrite the recording of an accident saves 12 seconds of the event 4 seconds after and 8 seconds before.

Comment

What is there to be concerned about ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X