• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Received for a Disputed debt of less than £90

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Received for a Disputed debt of less than £90

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date:03/01/2021
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:Yes
    Total Amount Claimed : £90
    Claimant’s Name: Private Firm
    Solicitors Firm:N/A
    Original Creditor:PrivateFirm
    Original Debt:
    Particulars of Claim: Vet Bill
    Is the debt Statute Barred No
    List any letters you have sent: Acknowledgment

Hello

Need help with a CCJ claim I received regarding a disputed vet bill.

I need to dispute the bill and I am not too sure on how to respond on the form. I have already submitted the acknowledgment form so need an example on raising the defence.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Tags: None

So tell us why you dispute the alleged debt and the back story

Comment

Hello.

Thank you so much for the prompt response!

I took my kitten to the vet when they were experiencing constipation. Thrice they did a good job. However on a different visit, the nurse who stimulated the kitten cases the skin on the kitten to break and it become sore.

I then put a verbal complaint which I was asked to provide photos for the kitten.

I sent the email with the evidence and why I wasn’t happy with the treatment. I then received a call from the Reception Manager saying the vet who had seen the kitten had asked me to bring the kitten in. I did and The vet looked at the kitten and then gave me cream to put on it’s sore bum. All this time they never told me they were going to charge me for this and thought they were looking at it as part of the complaint I had lodged.

I later received a call demanding payment. I explained about the complaint I had made that the Reception Manager and the Vet had asked me to being the kitten in. I was advised the complaint had not been put on the system. I was asked to put it in writing which I did.

however 3 months later, they disputed that they had caused the injury and continued to demand payment. I asked for their complaint procedure as well as mediation which they refused.

they now taking legal action through CCJ.

could you please help me as I need to dispute this bill.

Kind Regards

Sheffield

Comment

OK so now post up full wording of Particulars of Claim.

Comment

You realise you have 5 days or less to get your defence to the court?

Comment

Yes. I don’t have much time hence why it’s urgent. *♀️

It is just one sentence saying that unpaid veterinary treatment.

Comment

IF it really was that simplistic your defence is

1: I received the claim [Claim Number] from the [Name of Court - often Northampton or Salford] County Court on [Date you received the claim]

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: The statement of case is inadequate but appears to be for non payment of an unspecified invoice for unspecified veterinary treatment

4) no veterinary treatment was requested,

5)There was injury to my cat caused by a nurse employed by the surgery. on dd/mm/yyyy

6) Following complaint to the surgery I was invited to take the cat back for examination

7) the complaint was confirmed in writing dd/mm/yyyy

8) following examination by the veterinary surgeon MR XXXX on dd/mm/yyyy cream was prescribed for the injury

9) at no time was I told this examination and prescription was chargeable

10). It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Don't forget the statement of truth

Comment

Hi

Thank you so much for the response! You have wrote it as exactly as how it happened.

I never requested treatment but wanted them to see what they had done to the kitten so that the individual who had done it could learn from this and also for them to put it right. An apology would have been acceptable at the time.

Comment

Hello

Last week I received a letter from court stating that this is now a defended claim and it appears that this case is suitable to the small claims track.

I have been asked to complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire Form (N180) and file it with the court office and also serve copies to the other parties.

I have also received a letter asking if I would like to try Settlement/Mediation.

*Should I agree for the case to be referred to the small claims mediation service?

*Where do I get the Directions Questionnaire?

Thank you for the support

S

Comment

Always tick yes mediation as expected to save court time if possible

Comment

Thank you Mike. Will tick yes and send it recorded delivery today.

Regards

Sheffield

Comment

Proof of posting during pandemic no charge

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X