• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours access over my back garden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours access over my back garden

I live in an end terrace house, and my neighbour has access through our rear garden into hers. The deeds state the access is for residents or tradesmen, or something along those lines, but my question is, can anyone use this access into her garden? She set up a dog grooming business some years ago and clients were walking through with their dogs. Obviously this alarmed me so we agreed mutually that this would be stopped. Not only due to the risks of dogs coming through when my own dog or children were in my garden, but also security, privacy and health and safety reasons. It was never meant as a business access and my deeds do say businesses are not allowed on these premises. This is mostly ok, although I have had the odd person try it and we have had to tell them to go round the front. Now she has a lady working for her, who brings rubbish through ours or to walk my neighbours dogs. Any jobs my neighbour instructs her to do. I have just watched her trying to catch a dog on my garden who has managed to get through her gate. I’m uneasy about this person using the path, especially with lockdown measures currently in place and then wearing no gloves or mask, touching our gate. Would I have grounds to ask for her staff to not use this access during lockdown or even at all?
    Tags: None

Could you post up the exact wording of that easement allowing access over your ground?

Is your neighbour's property also subject to a covenant preventing a business in the property?
    If so can you also post up the wording.

Comment

I have tried to upload a picture of the wording as it’s quite long

Comment

You are best putting it on a hosting site like IMGUR and posting a link

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X