• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default on credit file mortgage debt formed part of sequestration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default on credit file mortgage debt formed part of sequestration

Hi, looking for some advice as I have tried raising the default error with credit reference agency and my former trustee without success.
    My sequestration was in Nov 2014 and this is now removed from my credit file however the RBS added a default to my credit file in August 2018 when this debt formed part of my sequestration. I raised an error with the credit reference agencies on two occasion and eventually after several months the RBS responded by stating that the information was correct,
    my Trustee advised to send an email to the RBS shortfall department however I have not received a response.
    i spoke to the FCA who said that I need wait a further 8 weeks for response before I can asked them to investigate.
    i am looking to buy a house again and cannot get a mortgage in principle due to this information on my file.
    any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X