• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unlawful discipline by the trade union

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlawful discipline by the trade union

I am looking for some advice regarding a current issue I am having with my trade union at work. I have spoke to a few solicitors and ACAS with regards to this and all I get told is it’s a complex issues and they haven’t came across it, so here goes.

I use to be a manager within a large transport company and while in that position I was sent to another location in the country to work a strike, as per company protocol.

a few month ago I decided I wanted to go back to the driving side of the company and spoke with the trade union in front of witness to ask if I would go back into the drivers union branch upon my return. This was confirmed I would and I had nothing to sign.

Last month I applied for the position of shop steward in the up coming election, my manifesto was submitted nothing said.

in the middle of last month it was announced who the candidates would be and the manifestos put up, they had put a notice up saying I was ineligible to stand as I was not in the drivers branch.

I questioned the trade union chairman again in front of witnesses and he denied we had ever had the conversation and I wasn’t in the branch. When I asked what branch I was in it was said a “scabs” branch. He then progressed to say that it was at the orders of the branch secretary.

this constitutes to an illegal discipline and has not only broke the law but also the union rules.

the trade union have already got one candidate sacked and have them moved on to myself. The lengths they will go to in order to keep the clique together is frightening and due to the grey area they have got away with a lot. This time however I have more then enough evidence to prove they have conspired to push me out.

I have had to deal with a lot more but this is the basics of the dispute.

my company have disciplined the branch secretary for his conduct towards me but due to the legal cross overs with trade union business and depot business it’s a bit of a grey area.

I have both cases segregated and the case with the depot side has been concluded in my favour. The trade union case should also be set and match with the overwhelming evidence I have against them and the supporting witnesses testimony.

Has anyone ever came across this before and if so can you advise the best course of action.

thanks for any advice and help

Tags: None

I am looking for some advice regarding a current issue I am having with my trade union at work. I have spoke to a few solicitors and ACAS with regards to this and all I get told is it’s a complex issues and they haven’t came across it, so here goes.

I use to be a manager within a large transport company and while in that position I was sent to another location in the country to work a strike, as per company protocol.

a few month ago I decided I wanted to go back to the driving side of the company and spoke with the trade union in front of witness to ask if I would go back into the drivers union branch upon my return. This was confirmed I would and I had nothing to sign.

Last month I applied for the position of shop steward in the up coming election, my manifesto was submitted nothing said.

in the middle of last month it was announced who the candidates would be and the manifestos put up, they had put a notice up saying I was ineligible to stand as I was not in the drivers branch.

I questioned the trade union chairman again in front of witnesses and he denied we had ever had the conversation and I wasn’t in the branch. When I asked what branch I was in it was said a “scabs” branch. He then progressed to say that it was at the orders of the branch secretary.

this constitutes to an illegal discipline and has not only broke the law but also the union rules.

the trade union have already got one candidate sacked and have them moved on to myself. The lengths they will go to in order to keep the clique together is frightening and due to the grey area they have got away with a lot. This time however I have more then enough evidence to prove they have conspired to push me out.

I have had to deal with a lot more but this is the basics of the dispute.

my company have disciplined the branch secretary for his conduct towards me but due to the legal cross overs with trade union business and depot business it’s a bit of a grey area.

I have both cases segregated and the case with the depot side has been concluded in my favour. The trade union case should also be set and match with the overwhelming evidence I have against them and the supporting witnesses testimony.

Has anyone ever came across this before and if so can you advise the best course of action.

thanks for any advice and help

Comment

So why have you started a second thread

Comment

Nee to this and the first one was as a guest so one I signed up I did this one so I could get notifications and engage better.

Comment

Merged for you xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X