• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SMART parking appeal lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMART parking appeal lost

Hi
    I moved into a property with my boyfriend on Nov 24th. It has private parking controlled by SMART parking. A camera takes vehicle plates on entry and exit.
    Visitors can park but have to put their registration details into an ipad with details of who they are visiting. I was using this system until I moved in.
    I received a parking ticket in the post for £100 (£60 if paid early) saying I should not have parked there on the 6th December. This came to my parents address
    as I had not yet changed my driver licence details with DVLA.

I appealed this ticket as I live at the premises so am entitled to park their. I attached a photograph of a letter from the Council relating to my council tax as proof of residence.
    My appeal was upheld. I was told the ticket was cancelled.

My boyfriend emailed the management company for the flat to give my car details so I would be able to park my car and not have to use the ipad system.

I have since received 3 further parking tickets for 3 consecutive days. The 9th, 10th and 11th December. I appealed all three giving the same reasons as for the first ticket I got.
    I again attached evidence of residence at the premises. I asked them to please check their records and to stop sending me tickets when I lived at the premises and was therefore permitted to park there.
    I also informed them that the management company had been emailed previously with my vehicle details so I would be added to the list of vehicles permitted to park.

I was shocked today to receive letters for all three tickets saying that my appeal for each ticket has not been upheld this time. They did say they had checked their records and they had no correspondence from the site regarding my vehicle and therefore I was not exempt form the parking restrictions on the dates of the tickets. I appealed for exactly the same reason as previously. I live there. I provided evidence I live there.

How can they uphold the first ticket but not the other three?

I now do not know what to do. I do not feel I should have to pay £180 when I live there and provided said evidence. However, if I appeal to POPLA, and lose - I would end up having to pay £300.
    In the current Covid climate, this is money I do not have.

Any advice would be really helpful please. Thanks
    Dawn
    Tags: None

So does your lease give you the authority to park?

Comment

We do not own the property. We rent it. My boyfriend rented initially. I moved in with him last November. Residence are entitled to park in it as it is the residence car park. The management company inform SMART of which vehicles can park there. We did email the management company with my vehicle registration details. I find it strange they upheld my appeal for one of the parking tickets but not the other three - when they were all appealed for the same reason. I have not received any other parking tickets but still park there as I live there and am entitled to park there.

Comment

So what does your lease/rental agreement say?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X