• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Considering VT of my car with VWFS, but scared! please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering VT of my car with VWFS, but scared! please help!

Hi there,

I have been reading up on VT issues for about a week now, and am still unsure if this is my best option.

I took out a PCP deal in Jan 2018. I was made redundant in July 2020 due to COVID, but have managed to keep up payments somehow in the interim despite this. I have now luckily managed to find a new job, which I start in Feb, but it is in central London and includes a TfL pass so I will no longer need the car. Due to this, I want to hand the car back but am unsure if VT is the way forward. I've been out of work for 6 months, so affording the crazy damages and mileage charges it seems they add on to VT's isn't something that is doable for me. Are there any other options for me? Or should I go ahead with the VT anyway? If so, do I just write them a letter rather than filling out any forms? I've read this is the best way to go, but again am scared of the charges they will apply. There is one alloy which is curbed, and a minor scratch to the nearside quarter where someone hit me in a car park, but it is not dented. Does this count as fair wear and tear? I have also gone over the mileage a bit, but this is because my office moved for a period of time, and had I seen this agreement through to the end of the 4 years, would have evened out and not made a difference but obviously now this isn't doable for me. Is mileage enforceable? I don't have the funds to get a solicitor or anything either. These are really tricky times.

Any specific help and guidance would be greatly appreciated, particularly to do with the fact that I've even kept up payments after being made redundant in a pandemic! I really need to get rid of the car before I start as I won't be able to use it in London.

Thanks so much in advance!
    Tags: None

Look at the Voluntary Termination Letter template in the shortcuts panel on this page

Comment

I have just had my Audi collected by BCA yesterday on a VWFS VT.
      The total charges were £201, £35 for an alloy scuff longer than 50mm and the rest for a front panel dent.
      The man from BCA was fair, none of the stone chips were billable.
      The excess mileage bill will be interesting though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X