• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form Received - Moneyboat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form Received - Moneyboat

Hi,
    All year long i have been contesting a debt with MoneyBoat, this is in regards to irresponsible lending
    I feel i have a strong case... however, it has gone to the FOS and the case has not been upheld.

The final conclusion was the following...
    ''But, in saying this, Mr A hasn’t provided this service with any information about his financial position at the time, such as bank statements. And as I’ve mentioned above, Mr A’s credit file doesn’t show anything that ought to have caused MoneyBoat any concerns. So, without any further information, I can only conclude that while MoneyBoat’s checks didn’t go far enough, I can’t say an error has been made as I don’t know whether it would have thought the loan was affordable for Mr A. Therefore, I can’t say MoneyBoat was wrong to have provided Mr A with loan 3.''

The FOS did send me a generic email during this complaint process asking for me to send any more information that i may want to send.
    I did send more information and comments on the case.
    I also replied to this email asking them if bank statements would be needed or would they make a significant difference to the case because statements are sensitive and contain personal information. Admittedly, i have had serious gambling problems and i did not want to send them if avoidable.

I did not receive a reply to this email.

The assumption from the FOS was that the checks didn't go far enough but they can't prove it but they didn't really give me a fair chance to prove it, the lacklustre response times and seemingly lack of effort to review cases in depth is apparent.

The FOS will now not look at my case again full stop and has stopped replying to my emails, i do not know what to do.

Moving on, Moneyboat now realise this and have gone full force ahead, hounding me for money.
    i have received a county claim form today and i am somewhat surprised they are prepared to do so, considering they have all of my information on the case, bank statements, credit records etc, to me it is plain as day, they are irresponsible lenders.

i am set to defend this case fiercely but i feel i am still at risk of losing somehow?

Does anyone have any advice on how to start my defence?

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X