• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Southern Water Court Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Water Court Enforcement

Hi. I received a Court Enforcement order last year regarding a Southern Water debt. Cut a long story short after a leak and SW applying a leak allowance it appears I no longer owe this debt I been paying to the court, having already paid them £1100 so far. Southern water have told me today I should get this £1100 refunded from the court, once they informed them to cancel this debt, as they sold the debt to the Court Enforcement. I am seriously contemplating if this is true. Should it not be SW to reimburse me? Would they not have received the £1100 I already paid?

Advice much appreciated.
    Tags: None

It's a bit awkward trying to work out what has happened here so I'll try saying it as I see it.

For some reason you had a debt with Southern Water which they took you to Court for non-payment and obtained a CCJ against you. Again because payment was not forthcoming they transferred the debt to the High Court for enforcement and employed the services of a HCEO - not sure if you mean High Court Enforcement Group (HCE) or Court Enforcement Services (CES) or maybe another one.

You mention having paid the Court - was this by instalments or in full? Had you obtained a Variation Order and/or a Stay of Execution? It appears from what you say that SW applied an allowance which seems to be the same as the debt therefore negating any sum outstanding and you are looking to have the monies repaid to you. If you paid monies to the Court have you asked if they have passed them on or not. If they haven't then they should repay you, if they have paid the monies over then it should be for SW to reimburse you.

Only by knowing the correct story can we help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X