• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell group harrassing me despite the debts not being mine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell group harrassing me despite the debts not being mine

Hi,

I've been writing back and forth with Lowell financial, and Lowell solicitors for over a year now.

They keep posting letters to me about debts (3 and counting) for a former tenant, and someone who has never lived at my property.

I informed them over the phone, then email, receiving apologies and an update on the account promise, however a few months later they start again. By my count my last email to them was the 6th attempt, and I threatened a complaint to the FCA and financial ombudsman.

This morning another letter cam through the door, this time it isn't headed lowell solicitors, or financial, just Lowell, although i've found they are all Lowell group companies.

Can anyone advise what my next step is? Complaint to Financial ombudsman? Can i start charging them my time, I've had to take time off work to research all this, and respond for a 7th time etc... so can I bill them for my time.

This is becoming very stressfull, believing a bailiff is around the corner about to knock my door with a very vulnerable child in the home (I have updated the properties vulnerable residence status etc).

Thanks for any response

Lee
    Tags: None

Hi Lee

You need to request to speak to the vulnerable persons team at Lowell.

Yes theoretically, you can issue a letter to them stating that you will charge them for further time but this could be a distraction from the real issue which is a complaint to the ICO about fair processing of data. You can also complain to the financial ombudsman after initiating a formal complaint process with Lowell.

A bailiff will not be around the corner thankfully, despite ominous implied threats to the contrary. Only a court claim can trigger such collection activity and thankfully so far they have not advanced to that level yet.

Let us know how you get on.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi CELESTINE

Thanks for this, I have formally complained to Lowell group, and informed the vulnerable team of my status.

If I have it right they have 8 weeks to respond? Can I complain to the FCA or FOS already, or do I need to wait for response?

Also, I have informed them that I am now charging them a rate, based off expenses already accrued and them refusing to respond accordingly, going forward.

Comment

Yes you need to await their final response. Here is a useful guide: How to complain | FCA
        Although they are regulated by the FCA, it will be the Financial Ombudsman who handles any formal complaint.
        Please also ensure that you contact the ICO for advice on whether they have better jurisdiction over this issue; which is after all about data processing.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X