• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Transferring a previously separated parcel of land back to the original plot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring a previously separated parcel of land back to the original plot.

Hello everybody, looking for some help/advice on the above. Long story short, some years ago my mother and father gave a small parcel of land to my two younger brothers. The intention being perhaps one day they would build there own place on it. This parcel of land is within my parents property. My father died 10 years ago and my mother has also recently passed away. I am executor of her will and now in the throws of selling the house, the place is in quite a poor state of repair as my mother never had anything done after dad died. Because of this we have decided to sell it via auction. My brothers have decided they no longer want or intend to use the land. As a family we want to transfer that small parcel of land back to the original plot to make it whole again. Our solicitor says it can’t be done as 2 separate lots in one auction and there is no way this can be transferred back using the auction method. What is the general view on this? How can we get round this obstacle? Thank you in advance. Mike.
    Tags: None

Have you asked Land Registry about reuniting a previously divided land title?
    A chat with them might show a way forward

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X