• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dispute in a family home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispute in a family home

Hi All

I am new here, so hoping for some advice.

I live in a house with my parents that I put 20k into when we brought it. I have asked for this money back and have been refused saying they don't have it. There is more to the story which I can tell you about if you can point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Do you legally co-own the property with them?
    What agreement did you have about putting the money into the house?
    Are you planning on leaving the house?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Do you legally co-own the property with them?
      What agreement did you have about putting the money into the house?
      Are you planning on leaving the house?
      Hi

I am on the deeds and mortgage paperwork but was told recently this was only for legal reasons. I don't own it. No agreement was put in place as it was discussed the when the time comes to leave they would sort something out. I wish to leave and get my own house and mortgage but need the money back out for a deposit.

Comment

For legal reasons = you own part of the property. How many others are on the paperwork?

Comment

Erm yes, you do indeed 'own' part of this property and your parents are somewhat misrepresenting the situation.
          What is the value of the house overall?
          Sometimes in situations like these the only way out is sale of property or a remortgage by your parents to pay you off.
          But the important thing is that you have the legal grounds to initiate such a process.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            For legal reasons = you own part of the property. How many others are on the paperwork?
            There are 4 people on the paperwork, my parents, me and my brother

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
              Erm yes, you do indeed 'own' part of this property and your parents are somewhat misrepresenting the situation.
              What is the value of the house overall?
              Sometimes in situations like these the only way out is sale of property or a remortgage by your parents to pay you off.
              But the important thing is that you have the legal grounds to initiate such a process.
              I have requested a re-mortgage but given my parents are 65 its not possible. Both are still working thou. Other than going through a solicitor, which will cost a lot of money, is there any other way?

Comment

Is the situation with your parents amicable?
                The only way to force a sale is to take your parents to court for the debt owed and ask the court to order the property to be sold to release your money. You can do this yourself without a solicitor but it would not be without risk.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X