• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dna test parentage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dna test parentage

Hi my daughters dad took a dna test the other day to see if he my daughter's dad but I never consented on the form he's not on the birth certificate or have we been married I emailed the company to tell them I hadn't signed it and they put a hold on the test now he's got his solictor to send me a letter telling me if I don't consent to the test then hes gonna take me to court do I consent or let it go to court
    Tags: None

So what have you got to hide? The result of your claim for child maintenance may depend on it.

Comment

Nothing to hide just wanted to know what rights I had if I say no it's only a cheap DNA test from amazon

Comment

If daughter does one and dad does one using Ancestry theny they will be linked anyway (or not) no premission required (depending on age of daughter of course!) I have found 2 branches of my family I did not know I had thanks to Ancestry tests and am delighted!

Comment

In your other thread you are asking if you can claim child maintenance even if you're not sure he is the father. So you are trying to claim from someone who might not be liable. If he refutes being the father what are you going to do?

Comment

He's the one who ordered the DNA test and paid for it I don't think he gonna say he's not the dad

Comment

My daughter is 4 years old

Comment

So why is he asking for the DNA test if there is no doubt? In your other thread you are even doubtful

Comment

He new from the start he might not be the father it's took him 4 years to get an dna done he's only saw he a hand full of times which has been his choice never turned up when said he was going to then you don't hear from him for months

Comment

If he's paid child support, and it turns out that he is not the child's father, YOU will have to repay all money he has paid out. Could that be the reason for your concern, by any chance?

Comment

He's never paid me a penny

Comment

I do not understand why you would wish to oppose a DNA test aimed at establishing whether Mr X is the father.

If he has never paid child support, and it turns out that he is the father, then he is liable to pay child support, including arrears

If he is not the father, he does not have any liability for child support.

More importantly, you owe it to your child to bring some certainty into who her father is.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X