• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA PPI Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA PPI Claim

Hi.

I would be grateful for any information regarding how to proceed with a rejected MBNA PPI claim.

I submitted my initial claim before the August 2019 deadline. MBNA looked in to my claim before rejecting it.
    Throughout this process the credit card account number had based my claim on was stated on the correspondence from them. However, on the rejection letter this account number was different.
    I then contacted the Financial Services Ombudsman (FSO ) service for help. They contacted MBNA on my behalf about this. The response from MBNA was that a replacement card had been issued, and that this was the reason for the different number. This is totally untrue, as i had fallen into arrears on the account - due to redundancy - and the card had been stopped. I pointed this out to the FSO who relayed it back to MBNA. They then replied stating that i had requested PPI and then cancelled it a month later, and that the reason for the change in the account number on the rejection letter was due to the fact that the debt had been sold on to a third party.
    I requested a copy of a statement from MBNA, who said that they were unable to do this. THE FSO has now said there is nothing more that they can do.
    Does anyone have any ideas as how i can proceed with this claim. ALL suggestions gratefully received. Simon.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X