• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fixtures and FIttings dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixtures and FIttings dispute

Hi, I hope that someone can help me! I am buying a house that has a hot tub (circa £4000). On the house viewing the owner said it was included in the sale, and this was confirmed via our/the vendors solicitors and emailed to me (as an addendum to the fixtures and fittings form along with a further query)

I have since been told that this is now to be removed, and not only this, but in order to do so it will delay the exchange of contracts and completion date (we have already had a completion date moved 5 times!).

As this has been confirmed in writing via the vendors solicitor and agreed by us (albeit prior to exchange of contracts) my favoured courses of action are:

a. Insist is stays, as it has already been agreed.
    b. If the vendor really insists on removal, we reduce our offer on the house by the proven amount of the hot tub less a small percentage for use since new (it is only 7 months old apparently)
    c. If we don't agree and they take it anyway, can we then claim in the small claims court for the value of the hot tub, based on a contractual agreement in writing to confirm it would be staying.

Is the hot tub a fixture or is it property like any other furniture, and does the email confirmation from their solicitor hold any legal basis in this argument?

It is not something that will stop is buying the house, but don't want to be given the run-around by a vendor causing unnecessary delay.

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Not my area, but re your option c:

The phrase "sold subject to contract" springs to mind so unless they've been exchanged I doubt that's a runner.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X