• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Selling custom canvas... with song lyrics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling custom canvas... with song lyrics?

Hello there!

Nice to meet you, my name is Arthur and I want to start an online business.

On Etsy, I've seen lots of people selling custom art, canvas, and posters that people can customize with their favorite song.

I would like to start my brand selling stuff like that: people will receive a customer poster with the song soundwave, lyrics, artist name, with the track they like the most.

How can I deal with song copyrights and trademarks?

From what I've read online, that's my idea: I would advertise my product using popular songs that people can recognize, but I would put on my website Legal Page a notice like that "The artist names and song lyrics used on the website are used for illustration purposes only.
    All copyrights go to their respective owners."

I can't control what people request, it can be a song made before 1923, a modern one, etc... What can I do?

Thank you so much.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X