• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

“Shoplifting”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Shoplifting”

Please help mind running crazy

i went into Sainsbury’s today and bought a trolley load of goods. When I left the buzzer went off and it was discovered 2 packs of batteries I hadn’t paid for, genuine mistake.
    The manager was called and I was issued wi a ban, details taken and pictures on their cctv monitor.
    I paid for the goods and left. I am know left with so many unanswered questions...
    1) will i receive compensation letter? And what do I have to do?
    2) what info do they hold on file? Do they store what the ban was for such as “shoplifting” or exactly itemised? Or just my picture is kept?

I know some workers in the store and feel so embarrassed and would feel very silly if they were to find out at all...

thanks
    Tags: None

What's wrong with these companies?
    Have none of them made a mistake?

Anyway you ignore all the begging letters from DWF asking for money for security costs.
    So they will keep your name address and photo on file but unlikely that there is a rogues gallery in the canteen, but they might use facial recognition technology

Comment

Thankyou. It’s an awful to know you done wrong and especially when you didn’t mean to it. I feel like a hardened criminal, however I expect they would feel no remorse for doing something wrong.
      do they always send the letters out? I’m on edge waiting for the flipping letter to come. How long do they take
      to come? X

Comment

Can I post on here for people to read to make sure that it’s all ok to ignore? X

Comment

It can take anything up to six weeks for first begging letter to arrive, but there is no way to give an accurate estimate.

By all means post up your experience here as it will help reassure others in the same position

Comment

Thankyou so much for your help.

Comment

Just one more thing so I can just let it go, do they actually post up pictures of all banned/shoplifters for all the staff to see? That’s really worrying me as like I said I know a lady who works in there and I’d feel awful if she saw my picture. Don’t want her to ore judge when doesn’t know the full story. Does that make sense? I’d like to think they couldn’t possibly have the time to share around to all the staff, assuming they would to guards or do they not need to know because of facial recognition? If your face flags up it alerts them? Sorry if my concerns seem silly but to me it’s just an awful feeling...thanks

Comment

As I said earlier it is unlikely they have a rogues gallery in the staff room, but even if they have there is nothing you can do about it.
                If you can't influence something, don't worry about it, 'cos that won't change it!

Comment

Des you are a star. Fully agree we all make a mistake sometimes. I've posted before how in my first year of teaching I put a couple of packets of extra strong mints in my pocket (easier to carry with other shopping ). Forgot to get them out to pay. Couple of minutes after leaving I realised and returned. Explained, paid and laughter.
                  Everybody should be more understanding.

Comment

Very true des8 something that I cannot change so it’s out of my control and I need to accept and move on..there are bigger things in the world to focus on I know and I need to pull my big girl pants up and stop the pity party - thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X