• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old Debts over 15 years old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Debts over 15 years old

Hi, I'm hoping somebody can advise me please.

I had three debts all over 15 years old which over the years were sold off several times to different debt collectors. I was paying them each £5 a month as per the agreement with my original creditors. In March 2020 I stopped paying due to losing my job (I'm on Universal Credit now due to the pandemic) and send the three step letter process to all the three debt collectors. Lowell came back saying they could not prove the debt was mine and close the file. Capquest and Cabot continued to chase me. Three months ago I sent letters to Cabot and Capqest asking for:
    • 1) The original instrument of indebtedness, or proof that said instrument still exists.
    • 2) Either of the following:
      • a) If this is a demand for payment under the Bill of Exchange Act 1882, copies of any bi-lateral or tri-lateral contracts which create obligations on each party to perform, including any delegated Instrument of Novation, signed and sealed in a tripartite contract and a signed invoice in accordance with said act OR
      • b) If this is an assignment of a legal thing in action under the Law of Property Act 1925, a Deed of Assignment (not a notice of assignment). This should be executed as a Deed, granted by the grantor or original creditor and endorsed by instrumentary witnesses in solemn form.
    • 3) All notices of assignment.
    • 4) The default warning letter.
    • 5) The default notice.
    • 6) Termination Notice.
    • 7) The exact amount that you have paid for this alleged debt.
    • 8) Please state if you are relying a Legal or an Equitable Assignment in this case.

Documents relative to where the debt has been sold, copies of letters from original creditor stating that, plus letters from the current creditor stating that.

Capquest have not replied for the last 3 months but Cabot Financial have continued to ignore my letters and have now threatened me that since they have not heard from me (which is not true considering I have sent them 6 letters - with proof of posting and all have been ignored) they have now referred my account to their solicitors Restons Solicitors who will be in touch with me in the next 7 days.

What action can in take right now.
    Tags: None

not the old get out of debt rubbish - they are not worth the paper they were written on, and shows companies you have lack of knowledge of court system who if they took you would see you are trying to get away without committing to clearing.sorting out your problems> That said forget that rubbish, and get into the right way of dealing with this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X