• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim, but no SAR provided when requested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim, but no SAR provided when requested

Hi,

So when I moved into a new flat 2 and a half years ago I got a parking ticket for the badge being the wrong way. It was a private firm and I had just moved in, didn't think about it much.

Anyway, I updated my driving information shortly after I moved in. But I guess they still had my old address when BWLegal started sending letters about demanding the money. I have since moved, didn't think anything about these old 2018 tickets and beginning of October I received a letter to my current address saying I must pay £320ish pounds or they will send me to court.

I contacted them saying I didn't know about it and could they provide me with all the old letters they sent to my old address and any other info e.g. parking fine, which they said they would do. I also directly contacted BPS and asked for a SAR on 16th October. I didnt get a reply, so sent a chaser on 23rd October where they replied and said they will get back to me with the information requested.

I thought that they would put the case on hold until I could atleast get the full context around everything, but instead I didn't receive any of the information or SAR, and got a claim form letter.

Would I have a case seeing as they didn't give me any information? I went back to BWLegal to question it, told them they didn't re-send any letters and they just kept saying 'the case is closed and handed back to the company'.

What should I do from here? The bottom of the letter says it is £450 now, with legal fees and court fee. Although I don't know if that is the price if I go to court. I don't even know if I get the option to just pay it now and move on. As far as they are aware, I am being asked to pay for something I know nothing about and they aren't giving me the information or context.
    Tags: None

You've got 8 responses on pepipoo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X