• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Will DEBT RECOVER PLUS take me to court ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will DEBT RECOVER PLUS take me to court ?

Dear friends ,
    I have a question , please help me out if you have a faced a similar situation or have some knowledge of the following
    I was working as a private hire driver back then I parked my car at stanstead airport opposite the bp patrol station , I parked on a single yellow line at night but I didn’t noticed a sign no parking at anytime, I spend there for few hours as I was too tired to drive , this was back in back in 10/2017 ,MET Parking services ltd sent me parking fine by post which I ignored and didn’t take any action.
    Now today in the morning (14/11/2020) I received another letter from DEBT RECOVERY PLUS(please see the attached letter) and they are claiming g that they’ve sent me a number of letters and I did not respond to them due to oversight and now they’re asking me to pay £160 for their client.
    I only received one later almost 3 years ago in 10/2017 and now I’m just received a debt recovery letter.
    my question is is there a way to get out this because there was no correspondence from their side in the past 3 years as they are claiming they sent me letters they only sent me one letter and nothing at all. how can I prove it ,can I simply say i didn’t receive any letter and they will accept it ?

can I ignore this debt recovery letter ?or will they take me to court ?and do they forward it to bailiffs etc?

I have been working for NHS since February this year and don’t drive any more.I am way too busy to get into court matters and goto court

Please help me out I just want to get my name cleared from these problems is there a way ?

I shall be very grateful to anyone who can advice me on this matter.
    Kind regards,
    Attached Files

DRP is normally ignored, they are mere debt collectors and can do nothing. Have you got the first letter that was received from MET?

Suggest you edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ........" etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X