• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Position made untenable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position made untenable?

Good Afternoon All

just after some advice please.

I work for a large drainage company and have asked for some training but it never really materialised.
    I sourced some training in my own time with another group of individuals who required the same training.
    I emailed the training supplier and enquired about the training and eventually booked the days training.
    I subsequently received a phone call from the Managing Director of my company at 20:30 on my personal phone which I missed. He left a voicemail asking me to explain my actions and why I had booked training with the supplier behind their back stating that I must think that the company I work for are stupid. I’m not sure what he thinks is going on but nether the less, he should not be leaving accusatory voicemails on my voicemail.
    He goes on to say that the director of the training supplier company had forwarded the email that I sent them booking the course over to my director..... breach of GDPR and Client Confidentiality.
    I woke up the next morning and I had been locked out of all of emails and systems and I am sat here waiting to see why they are planning to do with me!?

My position now is that I really can’t see how I can return to work as if this did not happen. If the managing director can ignore his own company employment rules and guidelines and then how can I return to carry on my role like nothing happened??
    Tags: None

I hope there is a union you were able to join. You would get support there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X