• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi - Parking Eye dispute and counter claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - Parking Eye dispute and counter claim

Hi Legal Beagles

I hope everyone is well, keeping safe and looking forward to better times ahead.

I (like many before me I suspect) have an issue with Parking Eye and now have to respond to a County Court Claim Form. I ignored the initial PCN because I didn't park in the car park they identified. The pictures of the car in the notice are of it entering and leaving (16 mins later) the access road which leads to the car park they run and the council one which is where I would have parked. I would like to dispute the claim and put in a counter claim for around £200 for damages / nuisance, misuse of DVLA data (GDPR), time, counter claim fee, postage etc.

This is the car park in question with the council run one on the left. As well as the highly speculative charging notice, I believe they shouldn't be recording details of vehicles and gaining DVLA data based on this for users accessing the council car park via this road. The car parking spaces may be private but the road is not.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...3!4d-0.5429924

Can someone direct me to the most relevant forum please.

Thanks
    Tags: None

This is not the first time this location has appeared. The camera is at the left hand side of the pub, looking straight down that entrance road

It won't help that you ignored their letters

You can't claim for damages, what damages. You can claim as expenses the cost of the counter claim and other expenses last wages, max £95.

I would suggest a counter claim for breach of GDPR in requesting your personal data without reasonable cause. £500?

Get onto the council and get the status of the road etc for that area, adopted or otherwise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X