• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Intrum issue / advice needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrum issue / advice needed.

Hi there

I could do with some advice on how best to proceed with an issue im currently fighting with intrum.

Long story short they have been chasing for a debt over 3 HSBC accounts (an overdraft, loan and credit card) that I knew nothing about and wholely disputed. At first I ignored it thinking clearly nothing to do with me probably some scammer or chancer etc..

But they didnt go away so then I contactect them using some letter templates I found online basically asking them to provide the proof of these accounts as I 100% dispute them.

After things went backwards and forwards they admitted to having no evidence for the loan and credit card and as such were unenforcable. However the overdraft they sent some bank statements stating that they were proof of the debt.

These statements did show payments from a company I was previously employed at to that account however the dates of those payments I did not work for that company. Other than that nothing else in those statements were anything I recognised or anything that would tie the account to me. This prompted me to check my credit file and found Intrum had put these accounts on there as well as 2 other companies that I had never heard of. I contacted these other companies (PRA group and Hiost protfolio) both of which were very helpful they looking into them and found issues for example one was a credit card in my name which I had never known about but I was only 16 at the time etc.

Both Hiost and PRA removed the details from my file closed the accounts and appologised for the issue. I called intrum back about this they basically said you have to report it to the police and HSBC. So thats what I did I contacted the police who directed me to action fraud, I provided them all the details and was given a refference number which I provided to Intrum and HSBC (though the advisor I spoke to seamed very disinterested).

I then have not heard anything until the other day when I got a letter stating HSBC said they havent heard anything from me and someone will be calling at my door again. I contated Intrum and this was their reply (personal details removed).

"Dear Mr X

Your claim of fraud

Intrum Reference Number: xxx
    Original Creditor: HSBC
    Original Account Number: xxx

Thank you for your email of 27th October 2020 which has been passed to me for reply.

I am sorry to read of your continued concerns regarding the above account. We have previously explained that it relates to the overdraft on a current account which was opened with HSBC in January 2016 and domiciled at their x branch. There was no requirement for signed agreements for current accounts at the time, and so an agreement does not exist.

The account was registered as defaulted on 11th November 2015 and sold to us on 22nd September 2016. We wrote to you at X to inform you of the sale. HSBC also provided us with an address of X. You have confirmed that you have lived at both of these addresses.

You wrote to us in October 2019 requesting copy documents. It is unclear why you had not raised your allegations of fraud previously. HSBC provided us with copy statements on 18th October 2019 and these were forwarded to you. The statements show salary payments from x, and you have confirmed that you have worked this company.

When you have previously alleged that the account was opened by someone using your details we have explained that your concerns will need to be investigated by HSBC, as they hold full details relating to the opening and operation of your account before it was assigned to us. We informed you that you need to contact HSBC on 0345 60 40 626 or write to them at Service Quality Team HSBC Bank plc, Arlington Business Centre, Millshaw Park Lane, Leeds, LS11 0PP to discuss the matter further.

Further to your comments that HSBC have appeared unwilling to assist, you can also forward your dispute to The Senior Manager, HSBC Customer Care Team, PO Box 6125, Coventry CV3 9GW. HSBC have also advised that you can visit your local branch, however I would like to make you aware that as the account was closed five years ago there may only be limited information available in a branch.

HSBC have previously informed us that you have not contacted them to discuss your allegations of fraud, but if you still consider the account is fraudulent you will need to contact them using the details provided above. The account will remain on hold for thirty days to enable you to contact HSBC, after which we will request an update from them. Upon confirmation from HSBC that they will be investigating your concerns as a case of fraud, the account will remain on hold until they have completed their investigation.

HSBC may require you to provide additional information and documents as part of their investigation. As you have already obtained a crime reference number, please also have this available when you speak to HSBC as they may require it. Please note that obtaining a crime reference number is not confirmation that the account has been opened fraudulently.

If HSBC confirm that the account was opened fraudulently the account will be closed on our system and we will no longer contact you. The account itself may also be returned to HSBC. We will also instruct the credit reference agencies to remove our entry in respect of the above account from your credit report.

If HSBC notify us either that you have not contacted them or that they cannot conclude that fraud has taken place we will write to you with the outcome of their investigation. At this point we will consider that you are liable for the outstanding balance and will discuss the repayment options which are available to you.

We hold two other accounts in your name. HSBC are unable to provide copy agreements and the accounts are therefore unenforceable. The debts still exist however we cannot undertake court action to recover the outstanding balances. We should not have written to you regarding the accounts, and I apologise for our recent contact regarding these accounts. We have now updated our system to show that the agreements are currently unenforceable. If you consider that the accounts are in fact fraudulent please contact HSBC using the details provided above to discuss the matter further.

In light of HSBC's response to your previous allegations of fraud we took the view that you were liable for the outstanding balance. We requested that you contact us to discuss repayment, but as we did not receive a response we wrote to you on 21st October 2020 to inform you that we would be instructing Resolvecall to visit you. Their role simply to establish if a customer still lives at the address we hold on file and to facilitate the customer speaking to us to discuss repayment of their account. Resolvecall are not bailiffs, however as you are continuing to claim fraud we will not be instructing them to visit you at this time.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my sympathy for the effect that the current global pandemic has had on your family and on behalf of Intrum offer my best wishes for a swift and full recovery.

We now await HSBC's response to your claim of fraud, and I recommend you contact them as soon as possible to discuss your concerns. You will also need contact them directly should you require an update on their investigation, however please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions. You can write to us at PO Box 278, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7JP, call us on 01737 235209 or email us at compliance.uk@intrum.com. Our office is open Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30.

Yours sincerely"

Several things stand out this firstly I did not alledge specifically that someone has opened an account in my name, I stated that this account is not mine, I dont know if its fraud or a clerical error but all I know is that its not mine, I have offered to provide my digital wage slips showing my wage payments at the time from my emplyer showing not only was I working full time for a totally different company but the wage amounts to not tally up, I could of course provide bank statements to another bank showing thats where I am paid and even an email confirmation from my employer that is where I have always been paid. Short of that I don't know what else I can provide given how to do you prove you didnt do something? I am also concerned why I am being made to chase HSBC which is a company that I do not have any dealings with, they are not acting on behalf of HSBC but have bought the allaged debt from them so when I originally called HSBC they said these are closed nothing to do with us you need to talk to intrum.

The comments at the end basically reffer to me informing them I am not currently living at home, my grandad is suffering major heart failure, while awaiting treatment in hospital he contracted covid and was delayed in getting the scans he needed now all treatment is cancelled so hes been sent home but he cant be on his own because he could have a heart attack at any moment as such I am living at his house to take care of him and I felt they should know he is still testing covid positive if they are threatening to send people around.

I do not feel Intrum are in any way acting in my best interest and basically are deperate to try and stick this account on me, so I would greatlly appreciate any your indipendant advise on how I should proceed on this matter to protect myself and dispute this matter.

Thank you for your time on this
    Tags: None

the went into the wrong section please delete I Will post it into the correct section

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X