• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

I’m 16 and i done a really regrettable thing of shoplifting from TKMAXX last month and one of my friends who works there just asked me about the item i stole and i’m really scared she might have said my name and stuff but other than that due to the pandemic there’s no way they’d know who i am. If i have been caught, what should i do? I know this is really bad as i’m worried after being caught but this was the first time i’d ever taken something but it was a gift and there’s no way to get it back. How much do fines cost for items under £20? Does my school get informed and would i get a criminal record?
    Tags: None

If you weren't stopped at the time there's no real chance of this going any further so stop worrying.

there will be no fine, no criminal record and why should your school be informed

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      If you weren't stopped at the time there's no real chance of this going any further so stop worrying.

there will be no fine, no criminal record and why should your school be informed
      thank you so much for the ease! but if they had me on cctv (not full face coz of mask) and let’s say my friend gave them just my name would that be escalated at all? i’m panicking and just wondering what the most serious consequences could be. Wouldn't local police be able to find my address from just my name? but i guess as i’ve never had any criminal conviction maybe not? sorry i’m really overthinking this and lowkey panicking a bit!

Comment

Why would your friend dob you in?
        If she does she ain't much of a friend.

Anyway for £20 and possibly dodgy CCTV the police will not be informed.
        No police = no conviction = TKMAXX won't tell anyone

Forget it and get back to your studies

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Why would your friend dob you in?
          If she does she ain't much of a friend.

Anyway for £20 and possibly dodgy CCTV the police will not be informed.
          No police = no conviction = TKMAXX won't tell anyone

Forget it and get back to your studies
          what if they threaten her job at the place or something? idk if she has tho i’m waiting fir her reply!

Comment

Stop overthinking this. They will not spend time looking at CCTV on the off chance they will see someone shoplifting on one of the cameras. From experience I can tell you that even knowing the approximate time of a problem hunting through CCTV is a boring and longwinded job, and frankly not worth their effort for a minimal loss.

Comment

a very large department store i use to work in had security cameras everywhere ( a dummies)

Comment

Stop worrying, very little chance of anything happening .

Go back to your studies especially written English.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  a very large department store i use to work in had security cameras everywhere ( a dummies)
                  my friend showed me the works email and they can’t identify me she so i’m fine.

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
                    Stop worrying, very little chance of anything happening .

Go back to your studies especially written English.
                    i got 8s in both gcse english...i’m was texting and panicking so grammar was the least of my worries!

Comment

there are certain words if spelt in-correct have different meanings, so re-read postings before posting , and try to calm down, we have all been there! i mi spelt a word in defence and the court took it as read, and I was told it is what I submitted , I lost!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X