• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trying to pay a CCJ to DCBL.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to pay a CCJ to DCBL.

Hi there,
    I joined a while ago (June 2020) when I received a Letter before Claim from DCBL Legal for 4 PCN's dating back from 2014. Anyway, I didn't follow the advice very well (which I'll explain later) and have ended up with a CCJ. Oh well, at least I got a few punches in before the 'corrupt' referee from Northampton stopped the fight!

CCJ issued on 14 October 2020 - Received letter from N.C.C.B.C on 16 October 2020 - I then checked MCOL, CCJ confirmed - Checked credit file/report CCJ confirmed. No problem, I have 30 day's to pay before further action is taken. (As I'm led to believe)

On 27 October 2020, I accessed DCBL's payonline/webpage. I then entered the details and amount of the CCJ and hit 'Confirm' Waited for a few seconds before. ERROR CHECK AMOUNT ENTERED flashed on the screen. Tried again, the same result. So I gave up and went to bed.

I received a text message from my bank at 3 am asking me to confirm the last 3 transaction's on my account, the first one £19.95. second one £0.00 *TEMPORARY HOLD. third one £0.00 *TEMPORARY HOLD.
    I replied. YES.
    Then I received this message, Thanks for confirming the activity was yours. If a transaction has been declined you will need to retry in 2 minutes. ...Hope I'm not boring anyone?

The following day 28 October 2020, I went to work and did a lot of thinking and worrying. Later in the day, I checked my account balance, there was no change.

The following day 29 October 2020, Checked my balance before attempting to pay via the webpage. Everything looks fine so I clicked, clicked, clicked then clicked, clicked again and finally clicked 'Confirm' It really is very, very simple. A Tip for anyone attempting to pay this way... Beware of the £1.00 Charge at the top of the page, just in case you only have the exact amount in your account. (Sorry for the Sarcasm)
    A few minutes later I received a confirmation email from DCBL which read

* Your order has been accepted.

Please retain this receipt for your records.

This e-mail confirms your order placed with DCB Legal Ltd

Beneficiary : DCB Legal Ltd
    Address : Green Wood Drive
    Manor Park
    GB-Runcorn WA7 1UG
    Website address : http://www.dcblegal.co.uk
    Phone number : 01606 611955
    E-mail address : info@dcblegal.co.uk
    Order date : 29/10/2020 0:00:00
    Order reference : DCBLEGAL00000
    Payment reference : 0000000000
    Order description : DCB Legal Payment ref. 00000.0000

Total : GBP1.00

Charging method : VISA
    Sub-brand : F

I tried again and got the same result and the same e-mail receipt.
    Since then I've been trying to find a way to get this CCJ paid, I could call them couldn't I? Well, I don't trust them one bit I'm afraid.

Yesterday, 06 November 2020 I received a 'Notice of Enforcement' from DCBL which they claim they obtained from the High Court on 03 November 2020. There is also more than £200 added to the original CCJ amount. There are also details of how to pay via a bank transfer.

Could you lovely people at Legalbeagles offer any advice regarding the amount of money I should transfer to DCBL's bank account, the original CCJ amount or the NEW 'High Court' Notice of Enforcement amount?

Thanks for taking the time to read my long-winded question, but I don't get out much.

Kind regards
    Alarming

Tags: None

I assume the CCJ was for more than £600?

Comment

Hi PLODDERTOM,

Yes it's just over £1100.

Comment

Thank you. If these dated back to 2014 then how close were they to being statute barred or had you been contacted previous to this? As to the amount they are seeking then it should be the amount of the CCJ + Execution Costs + Interest + Compliance Fee - so the £200 in fees could well be correct. Please note that if you do not make contact or make payment by the date & time they have given then you leave yourself open to further costs should a visit take place.

The good thing at present is that should a visit take place then under the current lockdown rules they actually are prevented from entering a residential property although the chances are they will lead you to believe otherwise. It's a shame it has got to this stage as am certain ostell would have had some help for you.

Comment

Thanks for again for replying PLODDERTOM, I realise that I do go on a bit and should respect the fact that you must read countless pleas for help daily. I used the trust online registry to find more information. I accept the CCJ needed to be paid (I paid it an hour ago) my post was more about the obstacle's these low-life's put in front of you so they can squeeze more money from you. If people have 30 days to pay a CCJ before further action is taken, then how can a claimant apply to the High Court after 20 days and add a further £208.25?

They knew I was trying to pay them. Their webpage is designed only to accept payments of £1.00. They send a fake/false 'Notice of Enforcement' letter out a couple of days later with added costs to make it worth their while.

Comment

Unfortunately anyone with Judgment for a CCJ for more than £600 can immediately apply to transfer Judgment to the High Court for Enforcement which as you now know causes you extra expense without being able to pay the Judgment off in time without incurring costs. It is possible to apply to Stay the Execution of the Writ they hold but that does cost £255 to do even if you have paid.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply PLODDERTOM. When you said, (causes extra expense without being able to pay the Judgment off in time) Do you mean on the day the CCJ was issued? I'm confused, I understood it was 30 days?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X