• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Roof problems 10 months after buying a house - Advice needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof problems 10 months after buying a house - Advice needed.

Need some guidance from you guys.

My brother in law bought his first property 10 months ago.
    It is not a new build, it is a shared block. Single lower ground floor, with two smaller properties above.

My brother in law bought one of the smaller properties above. There are existing owners in the other properties.

This week, he has come home from work and found a major weather leak through the ceiling due to the roof failing. (Scottish weather)

He called the insurance company who came out to look at the damage and assess. The insurance company said the roof problem has existed for a long time, and the damage into his property has just presented itself.

Due to this, the insurance company have said that they cannot help. They checked his home report and said that where it said category 2, it should have said 3 for high risk??

He was directed to call the company who represented him with the sale. The solicitor, kind of palmed him off and said she couldn't do anything and that he should call the surveyor.... it was her company who arranged the surveyor!

He's been trying to get in touch with the surveyor, but with no luck.

He's called citizens advice, but fells like he's going round in circles and no-one is helping him. He's currently worrying about being left with finding £7k to fix the issues.

if anyone in the expert community can help advise us, we'd be grateful.

Should the solicitor who facilitated the sale be helping us a bit more? My brother in lawnis worried sick.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

unfortunately you will not get anywhere there I have been fighting for over a year , Ombudsman and all state wear & tear even if 6 -7 years old like mine, I ended up having a complete new roof on, if in flats there must be a joint maintenance /building if shared????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X