• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Damage in Car Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage in Car Park

Hello!

I had a really bad day on Wednesday, was parked in a private car park at our local retail centre.

Not being able to park in the marked bays I parked in an area at the end of the car park where there were hatch markings.

There were no signs saying no parking and no markings such as yellow lines, just the crosshatchings.

When I came back to my car a large section of fencing had blown down, smashing my rear window and damaging my bumper and boot lid.

I spoke to my insurance company (not helpful) and I can claim on my insurance but will have to pay excess (£750).

They are saying that I should be able to claim off the insurance (public liability) of the land owner.

Will there be any issues regarding the fact I parked on hatch markings?

It was not signed no parking and could see no reason for the hatch markings.

Or does their fencing being dangerous override my questionable parking principles.

*♂️

Tags: None

Your fine to claim against the owner of the fence.

The only problem is that you might have to prove they are liable.
    Was the fence in poor condition?
    It blew down.... was there a wind storm?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X