• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin media default dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin media default dispute

Hello- hoping someone can advise as I’m in a terrible position with Virgin Media.

in short- after many phone calls trying to swap my account over to a new tenant (I was leaving the property) VM advised best course of action would be for me to close my account, and for the new tenant to open a new one. Sensible. I confirmed over the phone that there were no upstanding payments- nothing upcoming- and that in effect once closed I could forget about it. For good measure, I provided my new address in the event they needed to contact me- and they had up to date email and phone number in any event. This was August 2019.

draw forward to January and I am being contacted by debt collectors on behalf of virgin- for £52. Confused I ca jk ten, pay the debt, and they confirm that I had been given mis information regarding the balance on my closed account. I asked for email confirmation of this/ it never came.

i am now applying for a mortgage and see a default which VM are not happy to remove- despite it being such a small sum, my explaining my position, they are apparently immune to human error-

8 months pregnant, trying to purchase first time, and facing huge issues both financial and wellbeing wise from this black mark- advice hugely welcome- I’m at a loss

huge thanks
    Elizabeth (Bella, and baby bump)

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X