• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scary HMTCS text - a copy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary HMTCS text - a copy

XXXX A warrant has been issued by HMCTS following your failure to pay your financial imposition. You should pay now using this link https://hmcts-customer.cdergroup.co....k/ykqat70jkpmg or call our office on 0330 159 6553 Ref xxx before 7pm today to avoid further costs. If anyone in your home has symptoms of COVID-19, is self-isolating or has been advised to shield, please contact us on 0330 159 6553 before we visit you at home.
    Last edited by ULA; 2nd November 2020, 19:26:PM.
    Tags: None

I received this text. The link goes to a debt collection agency. Apparently I owe £485. I have receieved no other communication about this ever. There is no information at all about why and there is no way to contact anyone for information. I don't have that money.

Pretty freaked out.

Comment

• des8
      des8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Please don't start multiple threads it becomes confusing.
      They are a genuine company and from your other thread it looks like it might be a fine or perhaps a traffic penalty you are unaware of.
      Ask for more details

Might be scary, but they are a genuine company and that is one of their telephone numbers.

Comment

It looks like an unpaid Magistrates Court Fine. You need to contact them to find out what it is all about. The chances are the fine will be for a previous address and if you knew nothing about it should be able to appeal against it. Come back when you need more help.

Comment

Threads merged to make it easier for everyone
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X