• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Payment after the fact

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment after the fact

Hi everyone. New here so bare with me.

I have been using my local Tesco for years and had become friendly with most of the staff there. This Tesco is one of those smaller ones open late etc.

Since becoming chronically ill three years ago, I had to give up my career in education and now live on benefits, which I hate so my point here is that money is scarce some weeks. So stupidly began shoplifting at said Tesco when things are really tight. Only things like biscuits, bread, cleaning products. These Tesco’s do not stock a huge amount, just essentials and I have taken quite a few essential items over the past year or more.

thankfully a member of staff there informed me tonight that they had pictures of me shoplifting and that they want to talk to me on Monday about the list of things they have noted me stealing.

I know there is no excuse for breaking the law, but desperate times. I have read on line that Tesco send your “debt” to one of two debt collectors; most of the comments said to ignore these letters as they are not legal and don’t shop there again

Although there is photographic evidence of me placing things into my walking aid which has a big pouch attached to it, how can they make me pay when I also use this walking aid to do my shopping on good days.

Surely if I was not stopped at time of my crime, they can’t make me pay for everything allegedly put in walker as I always buy something with money if I have a little to spare, just to cover me, yes I know sounds like I’m an awful person but honestly working in education I was DRB checked every year or so clean record every time. Alas my life has changed dramatically and have found myself shoplifting to survive.
    Tags: None

Tesco says it has has cogent evidence that you stole from it over a prolonged period. - you admit that.
    Tesco also say that it has generated a list of what you stole and presumably it will have put a value against each item.
    If the purpose of it's invitation is to offer to you an opportunity to now pay for those items to settle the matter, you would be well advised to take up that offer.
    If such an offer is made and you refuse to accept that offer, it may well turn out that you will be prosecuted for theft.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X