• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mr Robert Nightingale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Robert Nightingale

Stopped by the police for no insurance
    was fined £300.00 car impounded
    £1200 to re insure car 6 points on my licence
    l was with hastings direct with automatic renewal.
    they told me that they had wrote to me to inform me that they were not going to renew my insurance l replied telling them that l had not received any letter they then said that they had emailed me again l had not received any emails .
    l am an HGV Driver also a driver assessment officer but l now have been suspended from doing my assessments as l now have 6 points on my licence.
    l am 63 yrs old and been driving since the age of 17
    and always had insurance.
    Hastings have now sent me a cheque for £50.00
    for the stress that this may have caused me .
    pls pls could you help me out .
    Last edited by ULA; 2nd November 2020, 20:20:PM. Reason: Redacted personal information
    Tags: None

Sorry to say this but. Trust nobody, always make sure you are covered.

Comment

That is very sad. Did you go to court and raise this issue? Did you provide proof of an auto-renewal policy? Did you ask Hastings for copies of the letters / emails it says it sent? I know it is an absolute offence so you would be convicted but the court has discretion to award a lower fine or less points.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X