• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consent order - help on change of address proof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consent order - help on change of address proof

Hello,

I'm trying to get B W Legal to set a CCJ by consent, trying to say look agree to disagree rather pay the money than have the CCJ. They are fine with this as long as I can provide proof that I change addresses at the time which is why I didn't receive the CCJ in the first instance. They wrote the following -

Our client’s parking attendant affixed the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to the vehicle’s windscreen. Therefore, it is our client’s position that you would have been in receipt of the same and had full knowledge of this once you returned to the vehicle. Our client applied to the DVLA on 12 June 2018, to ascertain the details of the registered keeper as at the contravention date, which returned your name and address of 3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If this address was not correct as at the date of the contravention, this is entirely of your own doing as the onus is upon you to ensure that the DVLA are kept up-to-date with your correspondence details. A Notice to Keeper and Final Demand was sent to this address, these notices are dated 12 June 2018 and 11 July 2018.

Due to our client receiving no response to the PCN, we were instructed on the matter. Upon instruction we conducted an Equifax Trace which confirmed you were still residing at the above address. As well as sending pre-legal letters to this address, a County Court Claim Form was issued on 11 October 2018 and deemed served 16 October 2018. No mail including the County Court Claim Form has been returned undelivered and therefore under the relevant Civil Procedure Rule it is deemed served at the last known address. A County Court Judgment (CCJ) was entered against you on 02 November 2018.

The thing is I'm struggling a little bit to provide proof as this happened in 2018. I've got water bills, electricity bills, the council tax, but the electoral register did not seem to change until December 2018 and though I changed the address of the DVLA I didn't change it on the V5C. Can someone help on how I can corroborate that I changed addresses? As a side note I did send them Equifax trace which also stated my linked addresses and highlights that I had changed addresses at the time.

Any help is appreciated
    Tags: None

Have they given you a copy of that Equifax trace that was carried out by them and if so, can you post up a redacted copy, I'd like to see what it shows.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

When you change the address of your driving licence then in addition you need to change the address on the V5

Comment

Have they given you a copy of that Equifax trace that was carried out by them and if so, can you post up a redacted copy, I'd like to see what it shows.

I've asked for a copy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X