• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal advice required on how to gain previously denied information.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal advice required on how to gain previously denied information.

Whilst in dispute with an accountant, ACCA, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, looked into my complaint against their member. When I disagreed with their findings which found their member innocent of any wrong-doing, ACCA gave me the option to ask for an Independent Review. I took up this option and, after reviewing the documented evidence, the person who conducted the Independent Review completely disagreed with ACCA's findings and found that the accountant WAS guilty of wrong-doing and recommended that the accountant should be made to appear before ACCA's disciplinary committee. Although I was told by ACCA that the findings of the Independent Review would be final and binding ACCA then appealed against the Independent Review findings and recommendation. The person who conducted the appeal found in my favour on some issues but watered down the seriousness of the accountants wrong-doing and recommended that the accountant was NOT made to appear before ACCA's disciplinary committee. ACCA then, despite my objections, closed down their own investigation.
    I am now in the process of taking the accountant to court in an effort to recover the unnecessary fees my late uncle paid to them. I have all the necessary signed documented permission to do this.
    I have been in contact with ACCA and made a SAR request that ACCA provide me with the identity of the person who conducted the Independent Review.
    ACCA have refused this request on the grounds that they do not have consent to do this.
    I then asked ACCA if they would contact the person concerned and ask for consent. ACCA refused. And also refused to give the person concerned my own contact details.
    At no time have ACCA ever stated, or claimed, that the person who conducted the Independent Review does not wish to be identified. This is purely ACCA's obstruction to me gaining that information.
    Can anyone advise me on what further action I can take, or any method I might use, so that I may learn, despite ACCA's obstructions, the identity of the person who conducted the Independent Review?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X