• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scaffolding around my flat/ balcony for 3 years!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaffolding around my flat/ balcony for 3 years!

I live in a block of flats. In 2017 scaffolding was erected and we were advised work would commence within a few weeks, however two years past and not a workman on site (we were having the roof repaired as the flats above myself had caved in due to sodden wood. In the summer of the 2nd year work commenced and it took an entire 8 months to complete. In this time we had a five block of flats built opposite! It was an absolute joke. Very minimal contact throughout apart from on email which stated they insurance company was taking its time to accept the claim. Personally I don’t believe it takes two years for a claim to be confirmed.

so my main point, the roof is a communal area which was out of access to all residents for the entire three years. My balcony also had scaffolding on it for the entire three years giving me restricted access for the entire time. I couldn’t even open my balcony doors fully. They have awarded a each resident £300 and myself £400 for the inconvenience of the balcony however I don’t feel this is enough for the time is was out of action. Please could someone advise me if I’m right to push for more or if I’m lucky to have been awarded anything in the first place.

thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing your views on it,

Louise
    Tags: None

Duplicate thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X