• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Egg on toast, or on yer face...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg on toast, or on yer face...

I live in Lancashire where we are locked down under Tier 3 regulation but on my walk with the dog I noticed that in one of our local pubs it was "business as usual", seemed odd to me so I asked one of the bar staff stood outside how come the pub was open. He told me that the regulations are "if a pub is capable of serving food, they can open, but that doesn't mean that everyone who walks through the door has to order something to eat" !!!

Is that how it is, the pub can open as long as they are "capable" of serving a substantial meal ???

If that's the case how long before all the other pubs cotton on !!!

Bob.
    Tags: None

Restaurants, pubs and cafés can remain open but may be subject to local closures.

These venues have to close by 10pm and must provide table service.

Pubs and bars must serve a substantial meal with the purchase of alcohol.

You can only go out to these places with people from your household or support bubble.

Comment

Statutory Instrument 2020 No 1105
      The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Local COVID-19 Alert Level) (Very High) (England) Regulations 2020

Requirement to close businesses selling alcohol for consumption on the premises

16.—(1) A person responsible for carrying on a business of a public house, bar or other business involving the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises must cease to carry on that business, unless paragraph (2) applies.

(2) This paragraph applies if alcohol is only served for consumption on the premises as part of a table meal, and the meal is such as might be expected to be served as the main midday or main evening meal, or as a main course at either such meal.

Comment

Hello Des8,

THANKS for the clarification on that, I'll print your response up and show it to the Landlord.
        Chances are, that's a first for you, closing a pub down ;-) how many folks can say they've done that, but...
        On a more serious side, chances are if they'd carried on serving Wu Flu would spread in our community, and someone could have died.

So it's a Thanks for your time and consideration, it's been valued and appreciated.

Bob.
        Last edited by Khant Bebad; 22nd October 2020, 15:18:PM.

Comment

Report it to the police. The landlord probably knows full well the rules but doesn't want to lose trade.

Comment

PS: seems that quite a few people, probably other from other pubs, had complained about the place staying open. I'm told the Police paid a visit at 11:00am today and explained to the Landlord the error of his logic, so it didn't open today.

Thanks for all the responses, have to say the Landlord's logic had persuaded some, mostly his regulars, difficult times all round hey.

Bob.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X