• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Resolvecall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolvecall

Hi,

First time on here so your help would be appreciated.

I received a letter from Resolvecall telling me they are going to apply for a warrant to enter my property to install a prepayment meter. The letter is dated 28/09 and I received it on 17/10. It says that if I wish to go to court I have to let them know by the 20th, today?

I am in dispute with EDF Energy and I have now had to complain to the Energy Ombudsman to resolve the issue. Resolvecall have said they have sent someone to my premises to collect payment and have added £50 to the bill. There is someone at my property at all times and we have seen nobody. I have a Ring doorbell which would have recorded it too. Lies. No calling card or correspondance was left.
    Not only did they say that one of their representatives failed to collect the money, they also said that their representative couldn't access the property to install the meter. So their debt collector is also a qualified meter installer too it seems

My question is that Resolvecall are a DCA so can they request a warrant to enter my property or have they acted completely improperly with their requests.

I have told them this morning that I am in dispute and I would be going to the Ombudsman and I am just about to email them my reference.

Hope you can help.
    Tags: None

You could go to court. The order is signed by magistrates and they do check if anyone has turned up to oppose the warrant. Normally it is brought to court by the gas or electricity company not a debt collector? Email them today and say you will go (if you can) and you can make your case. If you do not the warrent will, most likely, be granted.

Comment

Hi ISLANDGIRL,

Sorry, I didnt realise I couldnt reply unless I registered.

Resolve call are just a debt collection agency. They are not the energy company so are writing spuriously by claiming they will ask for the warrant?

Comment

To be honest I don't know. I have only ever seen this done by someone in court who was from an energy company (or representing them) but that does not mean that this is not going to happen. I would write back to them anyway and say you will go to court and that you will dispute the order and that you require formal notification of the time and date of the hearing. If they are calling your bluff you have lost nothing by doing so within the timescale.

Comment

They may be Debt Collectors but are also Warrant Officers for quite a few Utility Co's. Meaning they do attend Magistrates Courts to apply for Warrants on behalf of the Utility. They are usually dealt with in bulk unless there is a reason to dispute - always best to attend the Hearing. If attending then make yourself known to the Clerk Of the Court & Warrant Officer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X