• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim CCBC from Lowell for fashion world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim CCBC from Lowell for fashion world

Hi all,

Been here once before for help but still not sure I'm posting this correctly...

I received a court claim from CCBC on behalf of Lowell for a fashion world catalogue debt.

Date of the court claim is 14th October and received it yesterday on 15th October 2020.

Background:
    Account opened around 2013, no problems until end of 2016 beginning of 2017 (I believe)

I began to find payments too high due to reduced income and other debts so started making a £50 payment every month just so I was paying something (never missed a payment).

FW called me at some point and I explained and they agreed to continue the £50 payment plan with interest as they refused to freeze the interest (at the beginning).

November 2017 mother passed away and I made that months payment 1-3 days late as I was arranging EVERYTHING.

Fashion World passed the account to Lowell without notice (sold I think).
    I called and kicked off, I was fuming. They ignored my circumstances at the time and said call Lowell as they are dealing with it now. I informed them that I would continue to pay them as I made the agreement with them NOT Lowell.

For a few months I continued to pay FW as I refused to deal with Lowell and they passed the money onto to Lowell.

Then they closed my online account so I couldnt make payments so I called them and they told me to stop paying FW and pay Lowell as they had to pass the money over to Lowell every month which was annoying them.

I then started making bank transfers to FW. They continued to pass the money over for a month or two then I realised that the balance on my credit report was no longer decreasing. Then I stopped making payments altogether.

I have never made contact with Lowell but they did send letters (regularly at first then every now and then). I assume they have called but never answered.

Lowell claim I owe £882 but I know that at least £100 was not reduced from the balance (exact amount is being checked).

My grievance was with FW really but refused to bend and now this.

Should I make contact with Lowell or do I need to respond to the court claim?

Should I defend or not?

Advice please... not sure what to do AT ALL!

I was going to continue to ignore but seen on other posts that this is a bad idea.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions And sorry so long winded...
    Tags: None

Pre-Action Letters
    First Steps
    Check dates

Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request

Comment

did lowells send letter before claim? ignore post 2 above

Comment

make a file and keep all info in date form keep a diary of events for your own record, sounds they are trying to do a lowell walk over,m

Comment

Celestine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X