• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not received parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not received parking charge

Hi legal beagle team
    I have a very unusual situation and really need your help!!!

I have received a letter from Bwlegal saying that I have failed to either make a payment, or raise a valid appeal that resulted in my appeal being upheld and the balance due remains outstanding and they require a payment in full £160!

I have never received this parking charge apparently this happened last year November and I have received this letter after 11month without any previous parking charge notice from premier parking LTD!

I have a residential parking space where they require a parking permit, my parking permit was issued on the 5th of November last year and this parking charge notice was issued on the 2nd of November (also I have proof of this)

Also I have got and other 2 parking charge on in December last year and one in August this year what I have received by post (I have appealed unsuccessfully) and I have paid both of them because I haven’t had the permit on the display!
    Now they want on an other £160 for parking on my own parking space ...
    please help!
    Tags: None

It's far from unusual.

SAR to Premier Parking requesting all the details they hold about you. Letter to solicitor saying that this is the first you have heard about it and deny any liability.

What does your lease say about parking? Does it mention your right to a specific spot? Does it require you to display a Permit? Does it require you to pay a third party if you don't display?

What do the signs say? Photo would be nice

Comment

Thank you for the quick response!

Yes, I do have a specific parking spot and I’ve been parking just on that parking space!
      ​​​​​​​
      When I bought my flat I didn’t recieve any parking permit, last year November my maintenance company decided to work with Premier Park LTD because of the complaints non residential people parking there!
      ​​​​​​​
      Doesn’t require to pay a third party just Premier Park LTD!
      ​​​​​​​
      Can the maintenance company change anything in my lease?
      Attached Files

Comment

Premier Parking are the third party, to your lease.

No the maintenance company can't change your lease, only the landowner and only with your consent.

How do you have use of that space? Is it demised to you in the lease?

If this works out you could be getting your previous payments back.

Post up the portion of your lease that mentions the space and the parking.

You are displaying the permit solely to help the parking operatives and it is not intended to imply any contractual relationship between you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X