• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forged signature on hp agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forged signature on hp agreement

Hi. I purchased a used car from a dealer on Hp. I applied for finance over 4 years. Unfortunately the dealer ot finance from their company over 5 years at a much higher interest rate, rather than telling me, the sales rep tried to copy my signature from my driving licence ( a very bad attempt) it has taken me 2 months to get a copy of the agreement from the dealership. On receiving the documents I contacted the finance company to advise them the signatures on the credit agreement and direct debit mandate was not mine. They told me they will look in to it. Unfortunately this was a month ago and I am still no further forward. What should I do next. The direct debit has been cancelled and I am still making the monthly payment via bacs
    Tags: None

You allege an offence of forgery, so have you considered reporting it to the police?

Comment

Reporting it to the police was something I am considering, just don't think the police would do anything about it.

Comment

You don't know if you don't try.

https://www.police.uk/pu/contact-the-police

Comment

Yes you are right. Thanks for the link. Will report it today.

Comment

As this is a serious allegation, you should really keep everything in writing moving forward. If you have nothing from the finance company, send a follow up in writing and explaining the seriousness of the allegation and you expect a prompt reply since it has been over a month without contact.

You also need to decide what you want as a resolution. If proven, fraud could allow you to rescind the contract completely or if you are happy with the contract then you could ask them to amend the contract os that the length is 4 years and your monthly payments would need to be adjusted.

What has the dealership said about all of this, are they denying it? Does the person still work there?

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Talked with the finance company today. they feel the signature was not forged but they are looking in to the possibility of replacing the agreement with a new one set out to the terms and rates of the origenal preposal. They have admitted a mistake was made by the dealership, who is now talking with there head office to have a new agreement drawn up on the correct terms and rate. I will confirmiin writing with the finance company that this outcome would be satisfactory. Let's just hope they come through.

Comment

Hmm I know finance companies and they aren't ones to just roll over like that so it sounds like they're trying to save face.. can't imagine it would look good for their image or the dealerships if they were to go to court having to defend a forged signature, if it really is different to your usual. Either that or they're being really generous on this rare occasion.

Anyhow, do check that the terms and rates are the same as agreed before because it wouldn't surprise me if they tried it on giving you a higher rate of interest or extra charges because its a shorter agreement than before - that would be really ballsy of the dealership/finance company.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Well the finance company has decided the signature wasn't forged however, they have admitted the agreement isn't in line with the original proposal. They have been talking with the dealer who has agreed to pay the finance company to end the Hp agreement and offer me a new hp agreement with another company in line with the original proposal ( decent interest rate and over 48month rather than 60 months. I have agreed to this and have received a new proposal in line with this. The Hp agreement on the car has now been cancelled and all payments made has been refunded to me....... All I have to do now is signed the new agreement!!..... I may take my time... Lol.... Thank you everyone for your advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X