• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lease company in liquidation and come to take car back, no notice!? please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease company in liquidation and come to take car back, no notice!? please advise

Hi
    So my lease car is contracted until the 3rd November so only a few weeks left until it has to go back. All payments have been made up to date and this is my last 'free' month supposedly. Tonight I receive a knock on my door at 7.25pm from a lady from the lease company saying they have gone into liquidation and they need to take my car back tonight! no notice or warning or anything! I said I need at least 48 hours notice and I have a contract which is paid in full and should run until 3rd November. I was told now they are in liquidation the contracts are null and void. Can this be correct. Seems very odd to me. Anyway cut a long story short, ish, she proceeded to send me an email whilst on my doorstep stating the liquidation notification so of course no prior notice and she told me if I didn't hand over the car it would be registered as stolen!?? wtf?? can they do that. I have committments tomorrow so I suggested coming back for the car tomorrow evening she would not have it. said a truck would be sent to collect within an hour. not heard anything since but surely this cannot be law!??
    Tags: None

So, have you read the contract to see what you signed up to? That's the obvious starting point.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      So, have you read the contract to see what you signed up to? That's the obvious starting point.
      Yes I have checked the contract, no mention of liquidation

Comment

So have you handed over the car or not? Usually there is a clause in the contract allowing termination for situationsike this but I believe a default notice must be served on you to terminate before goods can be recovered.

However if they haven't done that, there may be a claim against the insolvency practitioner but not enough info to know that and would suggest you get some proper legal help if thats the case.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X