• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with less miles than contracted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with less miles than contracted.

Ive recently VT'd my car which is being returned with less miles than contracted, however, the finance company are saying that pro-rata figures would suggest if i held onto the car, the mileage would be over. This is obviously an assumption by the finance company that i would drive the car over the allocated mileage allowance, and considering ive paid the outstanding balance which covers upto and including my mileage allowance, how can they charge me mileage which has never happened? On a stupid theory, i could have kept the car for the remaining couple of months on the driveway and not driven it therefore keeping the mileage the same, considering that i could have paid the remaining 3 or 4 payments instead of a final lump sum. Is this just one of the many threats i should expect?
    Tags: None

Can i also add, that ive since found out that these finance companies will not take a credit card payment and request a bank transfer payment only. So, if you were planning paying any VT balance with a credit card, ive found it impossible to do. Apparently most of the issue is to do with advisors working from home and cannot process credit card payments. Still think its another way by the finance companies to be awkward.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X