• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting a faulty car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting a faulty car

24/11/2017
    FAULTY VEHICLE – Electrical Faults – Part One
    When we were sold the car as a fully working vehicle that had only had one previous owner who was an older lady and had barely used the vehicle.
    After driving the car away on the 25th of November we raised to Players Cars that the car was faulty and both the USB ports were faulty and not charging our phones or connecting the phones to the car to listening to music or charging other things.
    After multiple phone calls no one came back to us and the dealer who sold us the car ignored my messages. We were left with the electrics not being fully functioning, but the dealer told us it was no longer there problem. My fiancé just carried on without being able to use the car to its full potential we thought it must be a minor issue with the electrics and as the dealer was unwilling to fix we just got on with it sadly this was just the beginning of our issues.
    In May 2018 less than 6 months after the purchase of the car the car went flat on our drive and would not start we called out the AA who said we had an issue with the car battery, I asked the AA if the car should be doing this at this stage to which they said no. I contacted on the 10thMay Players Cars again and they promised to get the battery fixed along with electrics. I heard nothing from them again so chased this again on the 21st May where I asked if there was any news on the new battery and electrical work they would do and once again they went cold not returning my calls or messages on Whats App. This was the last engagement I had with my contact at Players Cars. I contacted the finance company Barclays at this point who told us it wasn’t there problem and we should resolve with the dealer.
    Over the following 18months we had multiple AA call outs for issues with the electrics in the car. Including one were Ruby was driving the car pregnant and the car cut out This culminated into a total black out of the electrics in the back of the car in the last 4months where the back of the car locking system has stopped working and we can now not lock the back of our car without having to do this manually, the side camera have also stopped working and the electronic wing mirrors no longer work.
    These sadly are only the smallest of issues! after what we thought around the same time of the blackout in the back of the car we found we needed new brake pads on the back of the car, we had these replaced but the back right still did not work. After further investigation it is clear that the electrical fault has meant the back brake caliper that works electronically will not release. This has meant the car has been driving round with the back brake pad constantly on and has put my life and my fiance and childs life at risk driving a car which we unwillingly knew was unroadworthy. The report from garage puts this down to the electrical fault in the car!
    If Players Cars had resolved the issues with electrics one day after we purchased this car there would not now be the problems we have had. Due to this fault not being resolved as it should one day after we purchased this car we have now:
    · Not had the experience or reliability of a £30,000 car that we were promised or sold when we signed the agreement. We have not been able to access multiple different features of the car that when we signed the agreement, we were due.
    · We have had multiple faults with the car battery culminating in the AA being called to our car on numerous occasions and stopping us being able to use the car effectively as we were promised which has broken the agreement
    · The car is now unable to lock and electronically and therefore the car is more at risk, the wing mirrors are also not closing effectively which means they are more likely to be damaged.
    · The car caliper is seized, this is done electrically and has now burnt the break pads making the car unroadworthy, this is quite clearly due to the electrical fault!!
    We have been misold the state of the vehicle and after raising the issues in a timely manner and have been ignored by the dealer. This has led to issues throughout the 2+ years of owning the car and we are not getting what we signed up for when purchasing this car. We have not received the satisfactory quality we were promised from the dealer and the finance company and our issues were rejected by the dealer when we raised them in a timely manner. The electrical faults quite clearly were there before the car was sold to us and we were not made aware of these! There may be further electrical issues with the car that we were not made aware of that could make the car unsafe to drive. We are now stuck with a car that is not safe and not roadworthy due to an electrical issue we were not made aware of and raised with the dealer.
    Please see attached 3 AA Report Breakdowns relating to electrical faults.
    Please see attached screenshots of me raising the issues on multiple occasions with the dealers, the only time they would come back to us was if we said we would buy another car!! These were supplemented with multiple phone calls.

You have put not only my life but my fiance and childs life at risk by not fixing the electrical issues with the car when we raised them. You have also quite clearly mis sold us a vehicle that had electrical issues that you did not make us aware of nor did you fix them when i did make them aware and the dealer ignored me then blocked me on whats app.

We will not be paying another penny towards this agreement and believe our original agreement is null and void due to you breaking the terms of the agreement mis selling our car.

I will send the report from the garage when it is sent over to me.

I am raising this with the financial ombudsman.

See my case above what are people’s thoughts??

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X