• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Written notice and final pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written notice and final pay

Hi

recently made unemployed and hoping someone can provide some definitive answers that will give me the confidence to pursue what I believe to be unjust. Here are the facts

employment start date 2/03/20
    went on furlough end of March
    Received furlough payments for April/May/June/July/August
    10.08 call from Director struggling to find a way to get me back.
    11.08 email sent to Director asking for clarity on when does my employment end, what will be my end payment etc (not replied to)
    17.08 whatsapp message asking for update on what’s going on. Director said he would call but he never did
    19.08 email I’m told I’ll be paid out this month plus holiday anything else email to follow
    25.08 email to RK and CM asking what’s going on as I haven’t had notice in writing as per contract
    25.08 reply RK states I’m still under probation, should be only 7 days notice but they will give me 30 days

### to note
    3 separate emails from the Director saying as a gesture of good will they will pay me 30 days notice not my contractual 7

-Final payslip received today with advice that
    ‘my furlough pay was used to calculate my pay and not my salary

- that as they gave notice mid August (I have asked for the date when they think that was, as yet I have not been told) they have not given me 30 days notice as per the ‘gesture of goodwill’ but only for the shortened month (as in they gave me notice mid August)

- I have been paid for 10 days of my 28 days annual
    leave which is 35% of the allowance, or 4.2 months. Yet I have 1 month full pay (March) and 5 furlough payments. Which equals 6 months service.

my big questions are
    1. what constitutes written notice, a WhatsApp message, an email that is full of ambiguity. Does it need to state employment end date, how your notice period is to be handled, when to expect final pay etx.

2. can they go back on their gesture and ignore the 30
    dsys or does it now form part of my T’s and C’s

it’s all a bit of a mess.
    Tags: None

Notes - only employed 6 months, contract of employment states 7 days notice, 6 months probation period and after that it’s a months notice. Annual leave entitlement 28 days

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X