• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPP penalty Hospital Car Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPP penalty Hospital Car Park

My first time on this site - so Hi, everyone. My question is this:

On August 4th I accompanied my wife to one of her regular hospital appointments. The Car Park runs a NPR (Number Plate Recognition) system which we've used several times. Basically, the car registration is recorded on entry. Then when leaving the hospital, payment is made at one of the available machines. This involves entering the Car registration and paying the amount displayed by the machine. However, occasionally the machine fails to 'look up' the registration numbers in which case, it offers the driver the option of paying the appropriate charge. This of course requires the driver knowing how long they have been at the hospital. I had no watch so all I had to go on was the appointment time. I selected 2 hours - which seemed plenty of time. It now appears that the time between arriving and leaving was 2hr 20 minutes so I should have selected 3 hours (the difference was 60 PENCE). I have appealed to CPP (failed) and now have the option of appealing to POPLA - but is it worth it? I don't believe this penalty is fair for the following reasons.

1. If the payment machine is functioning properly there is no requirement for me to record the time of my arrival & departure. I don't believe any information is provided which covers machine failure
    2. I'm clearly not intending to 'cheat' CPP else why would I pay 2 hours when I could have just paid for 1 hour - or not paid at all. The charges are £3.90 and £4.50 for 2 hours and 3 hours respectively. (i.e. 60p)

Tags: None

Have you contacted PALS at the hospital to complain about the parking system?

I wonder how they suddenly found the information to send the NTK?

Comment

I haven't contacted PALS. I will try that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X